Thursday 2-28 NBA Fanduel Analytics
Please see Introducing the Spreadsheet-Sports Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics System for more information on how these rankings work.
Top Overall Plays
1. Kobe Bryant – Kobe has picked up his scoring lately after his several week run of being a pass-first facilitator. The Timberwolves don’t really have anyone to guard Bryant, and there’s not much else in terms of available SG’s for tonight’s games.
2. Dwight Howard – Dwight hasn’t been his Orlando self, but he’s picked up his game considerably since the All-Star break. I think Howard has some pretty clear physical advantages over Nik Pekovic so I expect a strong game out of D12.
3. Paul George – The Pacers have been rolling and PG is a huge part of their offense. George can get hot quickly – especially at home so I’m expecting another big game out of him.
Best Value Plays
1. DeAndre Jordan – He’s fairly inexpensive and he won’t have Roy Hibbert to battle against due to his suspension. That could mean less playing time for Jordan, but it could also lead to a boost in rebounds and easy baskets in close.
2. Chauncey Billups – He’s one of the cheapest players on the board so you might want to take a flier on him and hope he hits some shots early. He doesn’t provide much beyond scoring, but he might be needed to stretch the Pacers tough D.
3. Luke Ridnour – He’s going to get minutes for the T-Wolves and he can provide decent numbers in scoring and assists. I wouldn’t expect a big game, but Ridnour could deliver a solid line.
1. Ricky Rubio – Rubio has been playing at an incredibly high rate compared to his season average. Over his last 5 games he’s been 14 fantasy points per game better than his season average.
2. Lance Stephenson – Lance has one of the biggest home/road splits in the entire league (along with his teammate Paul George and another guy playing at home tonight, Dwight Howard) so you definitely want him in your lineup with a fast-paced Clippers team coming to Indianapolis tonight.
3. Derrick Williams – He’s finally starting to pick up his game as he’s figured out how to gel with Rubio. He’s also averaging 14 points over his season average during his last 5 games.
Access the full Daily Fantasy Sports Analytics Spreadsheet
If you have any suggestions on how to improve these daily fantasy rankings with new stats or different views please let us know in the comments!